Monday 18 December 2006

HAVE YOU HAD DAYS LIKE THIS?

I haven't recovered fully from the retreat we had in my company last Friday when something wonderful happened again the next day (Saturday).

However I'll tell you what happened on Saturday in my next post just read on if you want to know how the retreat went.

The retreat was nothing short of Waohhhh!!!!. It was the first time my company was organizing a retreat for all employees from top management to senior and junior staff.

The retreat was targetted at launching a new project "Project Restore". The aim of launching this new project is to define a new way of life for everyone in the company. The slogan for the launch is "The Oando Way, A future of Change, Commitment and Caring....".

What made the occassion 'thick' was the invitation of Fela Durotoye, a leading motivational speaker and the Managing Director and Chief Executive of VIP Consulting in Nigeria to speak. He practically blew the mind of everyone present. Attesting to that was the standing ovation he received when he was through speaking to us.

Below are some of the take home from his talk;

You can only create according to your own kind.

A company can only be as great as its people. Therefore I am the limit of the greatness of my company.

Don't just be unique, be special.

Move from the level of Survival to Success and then Significance.

Position doesn't guarantee Prominence.

Have a vision greater than yourself and believe you can make a significant change.

Be passionate about the impact of your vision and inspire the love for what you do............

Need I say more.....you should have been there. I think if more employees hear talks like this, they will be fired up to enjoy their job knowing that what they do is significant to the growth of the organization.

I promise to tell you what hapened on saturday in my next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one bro, pls keep it up.